Who are we?
A homegrown business on the Sunshine Coast, Atlas Events proudly owns and operates marathon festivals across Queensland, including 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon Festival, McDonald’s Brisbane Marathon Festival and 7 Cairns Marathon Festival. In addition to these mass participation events, we’re also responsible for running the Island Charity Swim each year, and have some exciting new ventures on the cards for 2020. Our professionally run events have a strong community and fundraising aspect to them and we’re proud to encourage healthy lifestyles and raise much needed funds for charities and local community groups.
What’s the Atlas Collective?
For the first time, this year we are putting out a call for Atlas Events ambassadors – as one, you’ll join our “Atlas Collective”. Our vision is to build The Atlas Collective with you, as runners, at the heart of our events and our community. In 2020, we want to bring you into our team – let’s share the highs and lows; the pre-race nerves and the finish line hugs. We will hand select individuals who share our passion for our events and personify our positive energy and love for running and wellbeing – be you just starting out on your journey; a charity focused participant, or a seasoned runner.
Our ambassadors will be key to help us spread the love for our events and create a social buzz.
What Atlas Events will offer you:
- The opportunity to be a role model within the community, sharing your passion for getting outside, running, having fun and connecting with others. If you’re serious about your running, or an elite, it’s also an opportunity to show the dedication it takes to train and race to the best of your ability
- The potential to be featured across our social channels under our “Ambassador Spotlight”
- Free entry to a race of your choice in 2020
- 5 x 15% off discount codes to share with friends or family (and 15% off a second event of your choice)
- 10% discount off event merchandise
- Exclusive Atlas Collective merchandise – this will only be available to Collective members and not available for purchase – wear this with pride!
What we’d love from you:
We trust that you’ll speak positively about our events and race experiences, and share that positive vibe in training and on the start line. At the finish line, you’ll be the one with your hands in the air, smiling, celebrating with others, whether it’s been a PB or a right old doozy… You know the hard work that goes into training and you’re there on race day to celebrate!
We ask that you post regularly to social media and use our hashtags and tag our handles appropriate to the event you’re training for (we’ll share these with you). We’d love to see your story and we want others to be inspired by your journey too. Rock your ambassador merch and be proud to be at the core of our community!
We’re happy to accept applications from all levels of runners, so don’t worry – you don’t need to be crushing it on the podium. Our events are open to everyone and our ambassador selection will reflect that. What we want to see is your passion and energy around running, healthy lifestyles and our events.
How to apply:
Send us a video, via our event Facebook messenger (whichever is most relevant to you – pick from 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon Festival, McDonald’s Brisbane Marathon Festival or 7 Cairns Marathon Festival), no longer than 90 seconds, telling us:
- A little bit about you
- Your social media handles/presence
- Why you want to be an Atlas Ambassador and how you’ll show up for the Collective
- Your goals for 2020
Your video won’t be shared beyond our four walls, so be bold and live in possibility!
Apply before 23rd January 2020.
Any queries: Contact email@example.com